QuickBooks Online – Integration Setup
Updated on November 8th, 2022
Authorize SalesBinder to connect with QuickBooks:
Under the Settings section (top right corner), simply click on “Manage Integrations” and click on the “Not Connected” grey box referring to QuickBooks Online. This will load the connection screen where you’ll see a “Connect to QuickBooks” button. Click that button and it will load a new screen asking you to securely login to your QuickBooks account.
Configure the integration by mapping your data to QuickBooks Online:
Now that your QuickBooks account is connected to SalesBinder you need to map where your data should go. It’s important that you make a selection for every option on this screen in order to ensure things are going into the correct place within your QuickBooks account. If you’re unsure of which accounts to use, you may need to run it past your accountant to be on the safe side.
Required Configuration Options:
- Income/Sales Account
- All sales amounts from each of your (newly created) invoices in SalesBinder will be added to the sales account selected below in your QuickBooks Online account.
- Expense Account
- The expense account associated to the sold inventory items included in your invoices.
- Asset Account
- The assets account associated to the sold inventory items included in your invoices.
- Payments Account
- When an account is selected here, all payments applied to synced invoices in SalesBinder will also show up in your selected QuickBooks account. The most common setting here would be your primary business bank account (which would have a type set to “Bank”).
- Discounts Account
- When you provide your customers with percentage based discounts in their invoices, the total amount discounted will be added to the selected account in QuickBooks.
- Select your QuickBooks tax code and tax rate account(s) below that will match up with your taxes setup in SalesBinder. Line item tax exemptions will also be synced if they’re set to zero percent tax in SalesBinder.
- Invoice Product/Service Settings
- Inventory Items are added to QuickBooks invoices as a generic “Inventory Item” with all of it’s details displayed in the Description field. Service Items need to be mapped to one of your “Services” items in QuickBooks.
- Purchase Orders
- Optionally enable Purchase Orders to sync into your QuickBooks account as well. Simply set the option to YES and select the correct account for potential taxes in PO’s to sync into.
- Enable Integration
- Set to YES to enable the integration, set to NO to disable it.