Updated on January 26th, 2022
Simply put, it allows you to answer this question: “How many Widgets, in size medium and color red, do I have at Warehouse #2?”.
Here’s how you can setup Item Variations:
- Create all your Locations (even if it’s just 1 location)
- Create your Attributes by going to “Manage Attributes” in the left menu (these can be applied to any quantity item)
- Add a new quantity Inventory Item (if you haven’t already)
- View the details of that item (inventory list -> click on name)
- Click on “Quantities & Variations” in the top toolbar
- Use the green Variation Attributes box (right side of screen) to add 1 or more attributes (which were created in step 2)
- Now that you have attributes associated to this item, click on “Add Item Variation” from the top toolbar
- In this window you can specify how many of each specific variation you have by filling out the attribute value and quantity
Note: Once you save all your different variations, when you create an order and want to add this item, it will let you select a specific item variation as you would expect.